American Youth Symphonic Orchestra
Carl J. Bianchi, Conductor
The American Youth Symphonic Orchestra is a full orchestral ensemble with a focus on musical and leadership development. Repertoire is carefully selected to give both brass and woodwind players solo opportunities, with an emphasis on classical masterpieces that are important for any young player’s musical education.
To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the American Youth Philharmonic Orchestras, in 2015, AYSO debuted The War Prayer, a piece written by Robert Jager and commissioned for the orchestra by AYPO's Board of Directors.
AYSO has performed at the following notable venues:
- The National Building Museum (Washington, D.C.)
- George Mason University's Center for the Arts (Fairfax, VA)
- Eastman School of Music (Rochester, New York)
AYSO has participated in the following domestic festivals:
- Imagination Celebration, John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (Washington, D.C.)
- City of Fairfax Spotlight on the Arts Festival, (Fairfax, VA)
- Festival of Youth Orchestras, Howard University (Washington, D.C.)