Charms Portal Recording instructions
Charms Portal AUDITION recording INSTRUCTIONS
To submit an AUDIO recording of your playing test:
1. On a desktop or laptop computer, go to https://www.charmsoffice.com/. Note: Safari does not run the program (use Chrome or Firefox for best results).
2. Enter the portal by mousing over “Login” in the top right-side corner. In the drop-down menu, click “Parents/Students/Members”
3. Enter the School Code: AYPO
4. For first-time users, enter the student ID number (please request if you forgot). You will be prompted to reset your password. (AYPO does not have the ability to change or access your personal password). Students, please note that your parents may have already set up the account with a password if they paid online.
5. Once inside the portal, click on “Recording Studio.”
6. On the right-hand side of the screen, select the green “Assignments” button.
7. Click on the Assignment “AYP Playing Test – Concert 2 Seating”
8. To make a recording, click on the red circle to record. There will be a few seconds before the recording begins. When you’re done playing, click the red button again to stop recording and click “Save Take #.” Although you can do multiple takes, please only leave one file under “Uploaded Recordings.”
9. To upload an existing MP3 file, click the green “Upload an Existing MP3 File” button.
Notes for your recording: Please do not speak or say your name. Please play excerpts back to back as though you are in a live audition, with a brief break in between.